- We're using AAI again and Lutheran Social Services for our homestudy agency
- Our first visit with the homestudy social worker is this Saturday. Hopefully the follow-up appointment will be shortly after that and then the homestudy will be finished
- We've applied for USCIS immigration stuff
- We hope to be finished with the dossier paperwork (minus the homestudy) this weekend
- Once the dossier is at AAI and some processing done, we'll be on the official waiting list. We hope this happens in December sometime.
- We have no idea when we'll receive a referral. Probably a long time from now. In my head I've been thinking a timeframe of traveling to Ethiopia next fall to get our child.
- We're asking to adopt an amputee child or child in need of an amputation. Just like they told us when we were in the process for the first adoption, there are no amputee children in the orphangae. So we'll just wait and see what God does! It was a miracle that we got Elias and so we know it could happen again.
For quite a while now, Elias has been saying that we're going to adopt a little boy with a baby sister. Who knows?!? Maybe God has already given him the inside scoop. :-)